Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Biamp Tisera question(s)

anybody have experience with this system who wouldn't mind me bending their ear to ask a few questions? (specifically with the AMX Duet Module)

if so, please PM me with a pone number.

thanks!
e

Comments

• Options
    If you get any info - please share.
    I have an upcoming project with one and any heads up would be appreciated.

I am looking forward to the subscription aspect of the Tesira and how it will work with the AMX Module.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Will do.

I too am hoping for success. It's too big to fail. :D
  • Options
    "too big to fail."

Not a good phrase to use, most people hate that phrase.

Thanks in advance for sharing any gleaned info.
  • Options
    ijedijed Posts: 28
    I just rolled my own module as the Duet one looked a bit bloated and was trying to keep cpu usage down, I only had a few blocks I needed to control anyway.

Pretty simple using the command string calculator on the biamp site:

http://www.biamp.com/resources/command_string_calculator.aspx

Only thing I found was when connecting you should send an "'exit', 10" so that it gives you a login prompt when the Tesira has password control on
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Does it give you asynchronous feedback or do you have to keep polling each object you're interested in?
  • Options
    From what I have read; you can configure the Tesira by subscribing for unsolicited feedback for any Object.
    So you can limit unnecessary traffic and parsing.
    I am not sure, but had heard that the feedback is in a format that will allow you to determine what object has changed instead of simply returning a value or OK...
    Not exactly sure how it works yet, but I would think subscribing provides unsolicited feedback when a level or state changes.
  • Options
    ijedijed Posts: 28
    From what I have read; you can configure the Tesira by subscribing for unsolicited feedback for any Object.

Yeah it's great just do a:

"'"BLOCKNAME" subscribe level 1 "CUSTOMNAME"', 10"

then every time level 1 on BLOCKNAME changes you'll get notification, something like:

publishToken: "CUSTOMNAME" "value":-345
  • Options
    amdpoweramdpower Posts: 110
    I haven't had a chance to use it with AMX yet but I wrote a Simpl+ module for it for my other systems. It is really great. You need to subscribe PER SESSION though. So make sure you run a subscription routine on what you want to monitor whenever you see the Welcome message if you are using IP. If you are using serial, it will stay connected unless the Tesira or AMX reboots. At this point you may or may not get a Welcome message over the serial port. So, you may want to watch your responses and if it doesn't have subscription information in the response, then issue the subscribe commands again. I usually name everything logically like LEV-1 to LEV-x and MUT-1 to MUT-x so i can array it. I absolutely love the protocol. Biamp Audia/Nexia's were always great to control and I think the Tesira line is an even better improvement. They always put control in the forefront rather than making it an afterthought.