Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Username and PW for TP Web interface

My work recently had a security audit, and I was asked to add a username and password to a set of IP's. When I checked the IP's, they were all my TP's. I have looked through all the settings and the only username and password I can find is for TP to Master communication, not locking someone out from accessing it over the web/network. The only other option I can think of is setting a pass code on the TP, but that doesn't just lock down the web interface, but the physical TP as well. I can do that if necessary, but would prefer not to as these TP's are in courtrooms and often used by private attorneys and don't need that headache. I merely want to secure the IP and disable VNC and Telnet. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You can disable VNC by simply turning off G4 Web Control on the panel. I'm not sure about the Telnet, but I can't see where it represents any kind of risk, you are very limited in what you can do there. Of course, auditors aren't necessarily reasonable about stuff like that.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    I think you will find that this white paper will be your friend.