Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Do you guys use the polycom module?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    TUTech wrote: »
    It turns out that it is working as it should. The button on the Polycom screen doesn't change the way it is supposed to. I need to update the Polycom system software.

I don't have it in front of me to check for sure, but I do seem to remember that there seemed to be a couple commands that would not work on particular models. However, I also know the Polycom commands are pretty straight-forward and all one needs to do is PASSTHRU to get the errant things to work.

I know I do use their module frequently and it doesn't stand out to me as 'not working'

I will admit that I'm not black-or-white on whether or not I use/don't use AMX modules. In general, my decision has more to do with the device in question first, the reliability of the module second and how much of a hurry I am / how much my client wants to invest in custom code third.

I try to keep in mind that when I write my own module I am also basically agreeing to maintain that module in the event the device control method changes. That reality figures into my decision quite a bit.
  • Options
    MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Eric, I am definitely more aligned with you on this process. It isnt hard fast, depends on my mood and how much time I have. I would very much enjoy making all my own modules for codecs and dsp's its just a time and testing thing. I have done some for both to my specific needs for that specific project, and all other devices are all my own. But for the most part the duet modules for those type of devices work decently. I still might use passthru for a bunch of things and might parse some additional feedback that either the duet module doesn't have at all, or just doesn't do a stellar job on.