Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

DirecTV H24 IR Control

Had an issue today with H24's not responding to the same digit being pulsed, e.g. ch 220. Thinking the software download on Feb 20, 2014 made the H24 not like same digit numbers consecutively. Had to re-capture using a RTI IR PRO device, but an IRIS capture device in special mode might work. They did something like this a while ago with the curser controls as well.

Comments

• jmagic55jmagic55 Posts: 2
    Still have IR issues?

Is your RTI fix still working for your Directv commands?
  • rdriederrdrieder Posts: 25
    DirecTV H24 IR Control

Yes, why do you ask?
  • jmagic55jmagic55 Posts: 2
    HR24 IR

We have 6 HR24/500 units in a system. After the Directv software update on 3/4 all the codes quit working unless you press another code first then the code you want(i.e.:to enter 206 you have to press 7206 to get it to work). AMX is telling me the only fix is the Duet module. I am getting mixed reviews on that module. I would rather fix the IR then have to pay our programmer to reconfigure the system with the DM. Which our programmer is telling me is 3 days worth of work. I beg to differ on that programming time but he knows we are in a hard place and wants to take advantage.
    HR24 IR File

Try this, it's still working for me. Transport controls are up in the 80's
  • RWozneyRWozney Posts: 19
    HR24 IR File

Thanks rdrieder but it looks like the problem effects more than just the numbers. I do not have access to the RTI Pro so what are the chances you can learn the whole remote and repost the file?

Thanks for the help if you can.

RW
    H24 IR

The file I uploaded has the numbers and U-D-L-R & ch up and down captured with the IR Pro. I wouldn't be able to capture all the buttons until tomorrow evening, west coast time.
  • RWozneyRWozney Posts: 19
    HR24 IR File

Do we know what changed in the code because its not a toggle code? Are you just taking the RTI learned HEX and pasting it to the AMX IRL? Have you tried the DirecTV IR file from the RTI database?

FYI, I have an AMX learner and it does not help to capture in special mode.

RW
    H24 IR

Don't have a clue what changed other than the software update to the receiver. I did paste the RTI learned hex codes into IR Edit, and I did not try the DirecTV IR file from RTI.
  • davegrovdavegrov Posts: 114
    Direct TV Remote with New HR24 Code

Just finished a large job with 2 of the 4 DTV Receivers being HR24's. My old IR file did not like Channels with consecutive numbers like "11" or "222". I uploaded the new AMX supplied code and the problem seems to be fixed, however every time I switch to that source I get a message asking me if I want to program the Direct TV Remote. I can cancel it with a button press but it is a nuisance to the client. Any ideas or fixes?

David Groves
    High IQ Homes of Texas, LLC
  • banobano Posts: 173
    Dave,

If you're sending an ON command with source selection, you need to learn the power button command from Directv remote that turns on the sat and tv simultaneously, but you need to be quick and just catch the first burst, not the second. That will clear up the program remote message. Good Luck!
    davegrov wrote: »
    Just finished a large job with 2 of the 4 DTV Receivers being HR24's. My old IR file did not like Channels with consecutive numbers like "11" or "222". I uploaded the new AMX supplied code and the problem seems to be fixed, however every time I switch to that source I get a message asking me if I want to program the Direct TV Remote. I can cancel it with a button press but it is a nuisance to the client. Any ideas or fixes?

David Groves
    High IQ Homes of Texas, LLC
  • davegrovdavegrov Posts: 114
    DTV Receivers are always on

The DTV receivers are always on. Turning on the TV's (IR) happens immediately after the button press then about 10 seconds later we send the IR command to the TV to insure the proper input on the TV. The between is the RS-232 switching.

Direct TV firmware updates often mess up AMX programming because of small timing issues.