Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Is ther some way to get this fixed???

I've been using NS for many moons now. (Since the beginning) There is a behavior that still there just baffles me.

I'm one of those who uses the main system file to basically reference all the needed pieces and parts of the program by way of #include 'file name here'

So, in essence there is no code on my main file.

The issue is whenever you hit the debug button to look at stuff, NS automatically switches your current code window to the main system file. If that file is not open it will happily even open it for you. This is soooooo annoying since, believe it or not, I happened to be already looking at the code I wanted to see. That's just how I roll.

Back in Olden Tymes when AXCESS freely roamed the primordial plains we coded in the main. But, nowadays with most modern development environments we don't code in the main anymore. and if you stop and think about it - why do we need to change pages when we hit debug anyway??? Let's just assume the programmer knows what they are doing and already is staring at what they need. If not, then it's on them to know better.

I know this is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. but it drives me out of my mind since when I'm opening debug I try to get all the things I need to see in place and ready for using it. It's really a concentration buzz kill when all that preparation gets jacked up by NS dutifully opening a page I could not care less about.

Can the NS studio demi-gods please comment out that line of code so debug doesn't open up the main system code page???? PLEEEEEEEAASE??????

Comments

• Options
    I agree. I see no value whatsoever in automatically launching the main program file when opening debug.
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    +1

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    For that reason I often just keep it open while viewing multiple files on multiple screens. It's open but so small it's unusable except to prevent it from launching and taking over my screens.