Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Problem of Automatic "Guest" Login

My NI-700 controller has decided that if I put in its static IP it will give me full access as a guest. There is no guest account. I made a guest account and locked it down, but this did not change anything. The person who knows that IP address can simply type it in, then go cause chaos by rebooting the controller or changing the IP address.

I checked this when I installed the controller and made sure it was locked down. At the time, I got a login prompt whenever I went to that IP. Now, it's bringing up full access, just like the administrator login, for everyone.

Anyone seen this?

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Is the "Security Enabled" actually checked? You can set up accounts bad all that with the security disabled.
  • Options
    Thank you. I had checked it, but I didn't select the different options underneath, because the working on that page confused me. It says "access" next to each box, so I thought those selections would give people access, but instead that's how they are restricted. That was a really obvious fix that I should have figured out on my own. Thanks.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This is a very common misunderstanding, because, frankly, the UI to set it up is confusing.
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I started my investigation with that page and thought, "everything is blocked, here, it must be something else."