Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Enova DVX2100HD Feedback

Hi there,

Attempting to achieve feedback into some text boxes I created for my Enova DVX2100HD. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get any sort of text feedback. I've read the manual front to back and the command for input query appears to be correct. Here's my code:

"DATA_EVENT[dvENOVA]
{
ONLINE:
{
SEND_COMMAND dvENOVA, "'?INPUT-VIDEO,1'"
SEND_COMMAND dvENOVA, "'?INPUT-VIDEO,2'"
}
STRING:
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'^TXT-55,0,',DATA.TEXT"
SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'^TXT-56,0,',DATA.TEXT"
IF(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'SWITCH-L',1))
{
SELECT
{
ACTIVE(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'>I1O1',1)):
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'^TXT-55,0,RACK-PC'"
}
ACTIVE(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'>I1O2',1)):
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'^TXT-56,0,RACK-PC'"
}
ACTIVE(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'>I2O1',1)):
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'^TXT-55,0,VGA Front'"
}
ACTIVE(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'>I2O2',1)):
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'^TXT-56,0,VGA Front'"
}
ACTIVE(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'>I3O1',1)):
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'^TXT-55,0,HDMI Rear'"
}
ACTIVE(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'>I3O2',1)):
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'^TXT-56,0,HDMI Rear'"
}
ACTIVE(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'>I4O1',1)):
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'^TXT-55,0,VGA Rear'"
}
ACTIVE(FIND_STRING(DATA.TEXT,'>I4O2',1)):
{
SEND_COMMAND dvTP, "'^TXT-56,0,VGA Rear'"
}
}
}
}
}"

Comments

• TechFreakTechFreak Posts: 39
    DVX Feedback

With the DVX being a native device, does it respond with strings or commands. I use feedback on the video and audio levels (50 and 51) LEVEL_EVENT to track current source selected, which is where you could put your TP text feedback.

Frank Krauch
  • TechFreak wrote: »
    With the DVX being a native device, does it respond with strings or commands. I use feedback on the video and audio levels (50 and 51) LEVEL_EVENT to track current source selected, which is where you could put your TP text feedback.

Frank Krauch

Hmm, I'm not the best programmer but that doesn't make sense to me. Why would the manual give you a query command, but the Enova not actually provide feedback?
  • TechFreakTechFreak Posts: 39
    mjones2620 wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not the best programmer but that doesn't make sense to me. Why would the manual give you a query command, but the Enova not actually provide feedback?

It does provide feedback, but your code is trying to parse the feedback on a STRING handler. Because it is a native device, the feedback is handled in a COMMAND handler of the DATA_EVENT. Change your STRING: to COMMAND: and it should work as you intend. I was also offering another way of tracking the feedback on the LEVEL_EVENT of the Audio and Video levels.

Frank Krauch
  • TechFreak wrote: »
    It does provide feedback, but your code is trying to parse the feedback on a STRING handler. Because it is a native device, the feedback is handled in a COMMAND handler of the DATA_EVENT. Change your STRING: to COMMAND: and it should work as you intend. I was also offering another way of tracking the feedback on the LEVEL_EVENT of the Audio and Video levels.

Frank Krauch

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I totally overlooked that!