Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMA IRIS IR Learner

I am having issues connecting to IREdit via AMX IRIS IR Learner. All I am doing is connecting the serial DB9 port in back of IRIS and running cable to my PC's serial com port 1. When I learn a IR code and SEND it to the IREdit I get error on led nd - which means No Device. Communication device error -- seems IRIS is not communicating with IREdit - what is the process to connect to IREdit? Any special cables besides a normal DB9 serial cable?

Comments

• DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    Be sure you have the coms settings in Tools>>Coms Settings>>Capture to the correct com port on your PC.

Been a long time but I seem to remember IRIS being a bit picky upon connection - try having it connected prior to launching IREDIT.

A 3 wire crossed coms cable is correct.
  • JOHNBONZJOHNBONZ Posts: 99
    I used a null modem to connect f4om pc to IRIS and still no connection. What I do is:

1) connect serial cable to IRIS
    2) launch IREdit
    3) set port --- in Tools>>Coms Settings>>Device connection - Port 1 ---then under tab Capture -- port 1
    4) then I click Verify - then it attempts to connect then it times out

- I tried using a null modem and no null modem. Is there any special driver software I need for the IRIS?
  • tdewildtdewild Posts: 49
    What Windows version do you use, On Windows XP it just work.
    I have issues using Windows 7 Pro, on some laptop it just work, on another laptop it don`t work (not as admin and compatibility mode).

When using Windows 7 Pro and install "Windows Virtual PC" and install "Windows XP Mode" file it also work in Windows 7 Pro using "Windows XP virtual PC".

Be sure to install first IREditSystem files and after IREditSetup.
    No special driver just check comport setting and 3 wire cable.

I have same issue and solution when connection to MIO-R4 remote.

Hope this will help you.
  • cant get IRIS to send via RS-232 SUB-D9 Port.

Hello,

After reading several post about the IRIS it looks a little bit dificult to get it working. Im trying to send from the Iris to two computers.

Computer 1:

Windows 8 64 bit (2 native RS-232-Ports)

0. Deinstall of all AMX-IR Programms (first install was i wrong order without taking care of compatibly modes)
    1. Windows Firewalls deaktivated
    2. Put all 3 Installation files to Windows XP SP 3 compatibly mode prior installing as an administrator.
    3. Executed IREditSystemFiles
    4. Executed IREditSetup
    5. Executed AMXIR (The library file)
    6. Restarted the Pc
    7. Setting the com Port Settings matching the IRIS Manual (via Device Manager)
    8. Setted IREdit to Windows XP SP3 compatibly mode.
    9. Started IREdit as administrator.
    10. Created a new file to be able to capture.
    11. Went thru the Dialog until it is waiting for the signal from the Iris

Result: Its not receiving anything. Several cables tryed, also 2-3,3-2,5-5 straight.

Note: NetLins Studio was installed beforehand.

Laptop 2:

Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit (Express card rs-232 adapter -COM-6-)

1. Windows Firewall deaktivated
    2. Put all 3 Installation files to Windows XP SP 3 compatibly mode prior installing as an administrator.
    3. Executed IREditSystemFiles
    4. Executed IREditSetup
    5. Executed AMXIR (The library file)
    6. Restarted the Pc
    7. Setting the com Port Settings matching the IRIS Manual (via Device Manager)
    8. Setted IREdit to Windows XP SP3 compatibly mode.
    9. Started IREdit as administrator.
    10. Created a new file to be able to capture.
    11. Went thru the Dialog until it is waiting for the signal from the Iris

Result: Nothing is recieved (several cables tried including 2-3,3-2,5-5, - staight)

Note: NetLins Studio was installed beforehand.

-Is there a way to just check the connection ? (cables have been working for axcess programming)
    -are there comands to send via terminal in a putty session ?
    -Do i have to deactivate the buffer in the RS-232-advanced settings on the pc ?

Im troubleschouting this for almost 6 hours now.
    I have to get it to work on at least on the Laptop.

I worst case, i can acces an nativ Win-XP Pc.

thanks for reply, greetings max (germany)
  • problem solved

Its working on all computers now,

wrong procedure while capturing....

greetings, max