Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

General Module question with multiple processors (KScape)

Hello,
I am hoping someone can help me. I am working on an existing KScape system using AMX and I had a few questions with using the 8.3.0 SATP module. I am also having some issues getting some of my panels to control the kScape players.
1) Is there a limit as to how many touchpanel I am defining (I have 62)
2) Is there a limit as to how many players I have (I have 32)

Below is how my systems are laid out
System 1: 1 thru 40 touchpanels connect to this system
all virtual vdvKPlayers are defined here
all real touchpanels are defined here
URL list connects to system 2 and system 9

System 2: KScape Multi Panel include and KScape module is here
all virtual vdvKPlayers are also defined here
all real touchpanels are also defined here

System 9: 41 thru 62 touchpanels connect to this system and are defined on this system
virtual vdvKPlayers for this system only are defined here

While looking at debugger, controlledKplayer index looks correct as I change from kscape to kscape. All the players are reporting to the same server. All panels connected to system 1 are working fine.

My issue is, is that all panels on system 9 are not controlling any of the KScapes. Is there something I am missing?

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    MAX_NUMBER_OF_PLAYERS = 32

So you can only have 32 players without modifying the module. I don't know if that's a hard limit due to the servers firmware or just a suggestion. KSupport might know. I think as far as touch panels are concerned it would be limited to CPU and network resources.

Most issues with the module I have found are network related. Have you turned on the trace info variable? It should hint at what might be going on when you switch from player to player. Also, make sure the groups are set up correctly, and of course the Control IDs are correct in the server web utility.
    Paul
  • trobertstroberts Posts: 228
    Thanks Paul for the input. I have contacted KScape support. There are several VLANs here. I have a feeling the issue is either the VLANs or the fact that some panels connect to one master while the other panels connect to another master.