Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

extron DMP volume or module

Anyone have module for this device, or how to program the volume of this. Unlike other extron who have incriment and decriment. This one dont have. Other extron have +v or -v for volume up and down. But how to do if the value was given?

Comments

• Options
    JubalJubal Posts: 77
    any update?? anyone know about this?
  • Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    Hi Jubal,
    the reason that there is no +/- is because this is a DSP and has many different volumes ( each input/output/mix etc ) so you need to be very specific which one you are wanting to control. You need to get whoever programmed the DSP to tell you which to control for the project you are using it for.
  • Options
    NZRob wrote: »
    Hi Jubal,
    the reason that there is no +/- is because this is a DSP and has many different volumes ( each input/output/mix etc ) so you need to be very specific which one you are wanting to control. You need to get whoever programmed the DSP to tell you which to control for the project you are using it for.

If i need ti control the gain only of input one? So still no module for this device?
  • Options
    nickmnickm Posts: 152
    There is no module for this device. What I've done in the past is create a level on your touch panel that uses the range given by the i/o that you're controlling on the Extron DMP. By doing so you can create a control string based on the LEVEL.VALUE of a LEVEL_EVENT. This way there's no conversion math necessary to go from level value to the value passed in your string.
  • Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    The string control is in this document (this is for the 64 -look for the 128 if that is what you have).

http://media.extron.com/download/files/userman/68-1790-01_C_DMP64.pdf

Page 105:
    Set a mic/line gain EGX6)*X6@AU} DsGX6)*X6@] Set mic/line gain control X6) to a value of X6@*dB.
    Example: EG40001*2288AU} DsG40001*2288] Set the mic/line input 2 gain to a level of +24.0*dB.

There is another post that talks about scaling for this.
  • Options
    nickm wrote: »
    There is no module for this device. What I've done in the past is create a level on your touch panel that uses the range given by the i/o that you're controlling on the Extron DMP. By doing so you can create a control string based on the LEVEL.VALUE of a LEVEL_EVENT. This way there's no conversion math necessary to go from level value to the value passed in your string.

How to do that? Can you give me sample?
  • Options
    Here's a quick and dirty example.
    DEFINE_FUNCTION OutputLevel(INTEGER nOutput,INTEGER nLevel) {
    	//Valid Level: 1698 to 2048 = -35dB to 0dB
    	SEND_STRING dvDSP,"$1B,'G6000',ITOA(nOutput-1),'*0',ITOA(nLevel),'AU',$0D"
    }

DEFINE_EVENT
            LEVEL_EVENT [dvTP_DSP,1]        
            LEVEL_EVENT [dvTP_DSP,2]  {
    		OutputLevel(LEVEL.INPUT.LEVEL,LEVEL.VALUE)
    	}

• Options
    nickm wrote: »
    Here's a quick and dirty example.
    DEFINE_FUNCTION OutputLevel(INTEGER nOutput,INTEGER nLevel) {
    	//Valid Level: 1698 to 2048 = -35dB to 0dB
    	SEND_STRING dvDSP,"$1B,'G6000',ITOA(nOutput-1),'*0',ITOA(nLevel),'AU',$0D"
    }

DEFINE_EVENT
            LEVEL_EVENT [dvTP_DSP,1]        
            LEVEL_EVENT [dvTP_DSP,2]  {
    		OutputLevel(LEVEL.INPUT.LEVEL,LEVEL.VALUE)
    	}

Thanks its working. But not working when im using Group fader.
    SEND_STRING dvDSP,"$1B,'D',ITOA(nOutput-1),'*',ITOA(nLevel),'*GRPM',$0D"
    }

I try also without * before GRPM and still no feedback if it is ok or error
  • Options
    According to the DMP documentation, there should not be an asterisk before GRPM. Also, since you are assigning group master ID numbers in the DMP config software, I would assume that the '-1' is not necessary. You might also try a leading zero '01' in your group master number (if the number is <10) as this is what the documentation shows.

Example: "$1B,'D','01','*',ITOA(nValue),'GRPM',$0D"