Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Test Mics option for Polycom Soundstructure DSP

I was able to do a test mics option with Biamp DSP, where the Biamp will send serial strings based on if the mics are working or not when a pink noise is generated.

I need to do the same with Polycom Soundstructure and i am not able to figure if there is any option available to achieve this. A client was able to achieve this functionality for a previous site so i have to figure out what method he had used.

I was not able to find a query commands for the DSP to show MICS clip levels when the pink noise is generated, so i am open to any ideas.

Comments

• RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    probably with the gpio port on the DSP processor.

Envoyé de mon Galaxy Nexus en utilisant Tapatalk
  • Try looking into the events.
    I am not sure you can get the clipping event,
    but there is something in there for signals...if I remember correctly.
  • nickmnickm Posts: 152
    Here's a link to Polycom's Gating and Signal Metering API for the SoundStructure:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/soundstructure-meter-data-app-note.pdf

I've used this successfully for putting meter levels on touch panels. Works great. If you need any help implementing, I'll be happy to answer questions.
  • ajish.rajuajish.raju Posts: 185

I have added the dsp file for the site. Used mtrreg level_pre "Table Mic 1" 1$0d for one of the mics but not sending any meter values even after setting the meter data period. Am i using the proper meter.
  • nickmnickm Posts: 152
    When you sent the registration string and data period, did you receive any acknowledgement back from the DSP?
  • ajish.rajuajish.raju Posts: 185
    I got an acknowledgement when I send register and un register command but not when I send data period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk