Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Clock Manager or SMTP issue.

Looks like I've invented a time machine!
When I send an email from my system using this command:

SmtpQueMessage(EMAIL_SOURCE,EMAIL_DESTINATION,EMAIL_SUBJECT,E_MAIL_MESSAGE,'')

I receive the email it has all the correct information except The times in e-mail don't match. In my outlook it will say the e-mail is received at 11:59 pm. This is correct, that is when the e-mail is sent. In the actual e-mail it shows a sent time if 12:59 am. I can't figure out where this time is coming from. I have the clock manager updating to the NIST, it works fine. The setting in Clock manager are giving me the correct time. It seems to have started after I set up the clock manager to update to the NIST. Any ideas? if it were the other way I would suspect the DST settings, but changing them didn't help either.
Thanks...Jim...

Comments

• Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    Do you have your time zone set correctly? Probably your UTC offset is set incorrectly. The time stamp is coupled with a UTC offset though you might not be able to see the offset depending on your email client.
  • Options
    Jim JohnsonJim Johnson Posts: 27
    You are correct, it was in the UTC offset that is set in define start The i-Equipment monitor out is supposed to update the offset automatically if you use i-time manager, but it does not with the built in clock manager.
    BTW I can't get any of the clock manager functions to work. Are they supposed to? I was going to do some rework on this, and play with the astro-clock but it won't compile. Am I missing something here?
    ...Jim...
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Clock manager doesn't return the time offset by the dst rule and settings. You can pass the dst value in but the function does nothing with it, makes no sense. It's like AMX never finished their function.

See this thread for details.

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?9402-Clock-Manager-AstrClock-DST&p=64839#post64839
  • Options
    Jim JohnsonJim Johnson Posts: 27
    Now I'm really obsessed!

So I downloaded vining's Date and time AXI it is really cool and now I'm obsessed !! I've added an Easter date Calculator to it, now I'm working on Phases of the moon. (no particular reason why, Just because). However I'm not a Math wiz or fluent in other programming languages so when I get example code from the web sometimes I have trouble translating it to Netlinx. Here is the code for Moon Phases:

function Conway(year, month, day)
    {
    var r = year % 100;
    r %= 19;
    if (r>9){ r -= 19;}
    r = ((r * 11) % 30) + parseInt(month) + parseInt(day);
    if (month<3){r += 2;}
    r -= ((year<2000) ? 4 : 8.3);
    r = Math.floor(r+0.5)%30;
    return (r < 0) ? r+30 : r;
    }

Could somebody help me translate this to netlinx? My version returns Junk!

My next project will be equinoxes and solstices!
    Thanks...Jim...