Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Crash of iPod docked on iPort !!

Hi

Do some other people encounter that issue of iPod docked in Sonance iPort FS-23 that crashes after few hours (the iPod). The iport is updated with latest firmware 1.2.0 but problem stills there and module to control it still running correctly but iPod is dead and need to be hard-rebooted.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The Sonance iPort has been my iPod go-to dock for years, and I can't say I've ever seen that problem. *Much* more common, I've seen a communications loss that required the dock to be power cycled, but not an issue that caused the iOS device to crash.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    DHawthorne wrote: »
    The Sonance iPort has been my iPod go-to dock for years, and I can't say I've ever seen that problem. *Much* more common, I've seen a communications loss that required the dock to be power cycled, but not an issue that caused the iOS device to crash.
    Yep I install also here since years and it's on this new site installed few months ago we encounter the issue ! so pretty confused about what's causing such problem, perhaps an hardware issue in these iPorts but we have a bunch of these on site and most of them have the problem all using a dedicated iPod !
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Update: Sonance informed me it's a memory leak in iPod Classic that Apple doesn't want to correct, so only workaround is to disable cover art feature in iPort.