Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Configure and Programming Somfy RTS Transmitter

Hi Guys,

Can any 1 help me regarding configuring and Programming the Somfy RTS Transmitter for the RTS Motors (For shades)

I have connected the RTS Transmitter to NI-700 through RS-485 Interface. But i dont see any communication happening in between control and the Transmitter.

I have loaded the TP Design file which is available in the AMX Site. But the device ( Transmitter shows offline)

Thanks in Advance Guys.. I will really Appreciate your help :)

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Hi

I never used the AMX module (have seen too much of these modules not working well and no access to source so no way for me).
    I have developped a basic module to control the RTS through RS-485 and it works perfect (control up/down and tilt). I'm working to adapt it to handle dynamically the address of the RTS connected on it (next version). You just have to pass as parameter a virtual device and the RS-424 port used and then send string to virtual with keywords used by module followed by the number of the circuit to control !
    You just have to change in module the MAC Address of RTS you want to control.

Enjoy

Vincèn

Side note: never seen such crazy protocol, Somfy guys really likes to make things as difficult and non-sense as possible :D

• Options
    u57jcsu57jcs Posts: 19
    Thanks A ton sir. I will post the results tomorrow once i get access to clients house.
  • Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    Another thing to check is that the RS-485 is wired correctly as RS-485 uses the pins differently on the DB9 to normal RS-232.
  • Options
    u57jcsu57jcs Posts: 19
    Somfy RTS

Thanks everyone For your Help. We get it work through the module which was available in Third Party Devices.
    thanks again