Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Sharp LED PNL702B not responding

Hi,
I was using amx duet module to control Sharp PNL702B LED..everything was working perfectly fine but suddenly nothing is working. TV is not responding. I checked all the cables but not able to resolve the issue..its a interactive TV.

Any suggestions please...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    Try power cycling the TV, unplug it so it reboots. I have seen TV control lockup fairly often.
  • Options
    nickmnickm Posts: 152
    Sharp LCDs have a power save feature that disables the RS232 port upon power off. Make sure you have disabled 'Power Savings' in the on screen menu, and then make sure you initialize the serial port with "'RSPW 1',$0D"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    prakashprakash Posts: 33
    Thanks JasonS and Nickm but i tried all these things earlier but still not able to control the TV. Its a interactive TV n there is no Power save/Eco mode available in remote control menu

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    nickmnickm Posts: 152
    The next thing I would do is verify the cabling. Connect a DB-9 with pins 2 and 3 shorted together to the cable you have in place. Send a string from the master on that port, and make sure you get the same string back in diagnostics.
  • Options
    Don DeLongDon DeLong Posts: 43
    The 702B for whatever reason wants to see "'POWR 1',$0D" for power on as opposed to "'POWR1 ',$0D" which is used with all the other Sharp displays AFAIK. See if that does the trick, assuming the display powers off via serial and not on.

It seems that it will take the command either way for a second or so after power off, but once it has been off for a few seconds, needs the spaces leading the value rather than trailing. This also applies to the 80" interactive model.

Hope this helps,
    Don

EDIT: There are 3 spaces between the 'POWR' and '1', the board seems to have truncated them to a single space.