Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Disable scrolling on a sub-page set

Is it possible to freeze a sup-page set or just make it not move every time you think about touching it? ... Feature request!

I am using a sub-page set to dynamically fill menus (the whole point of them really), often the set is not full so there is no need to scroll through them. In this case I would like to be able to disable scrolling because it is really annoying trying to press a button that just wants to scroll when you want it to stay still.

I tried putting some levels into a sub-page set and found them unusable because they won't stay still.

It's possible to make exactly what I need by moving popups around in code but it would require a whole lot of code using direct co-ordinates. It would be way nicer to be able to use the tools provided.

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    champ wrote: »
    Is it possible to freeze a sup-page set or just make it not move every time you think about touching it? ... Feature request!

I am using a sub-page set to dynamically fill menus (the whole point of them really), often the set is not full so there is no need to scroll through them. In this case I would like to be able to disable scrolling because it is really annoying trying to press a button that just wants to scroll when you want it to stay still.

I tried putting some levels into a sub-page set and found them unusable because they won't stay still.

It's possible to make exactly what I need by moving popups around in code but it would require a whole lot of code using direct co-ordinates. It would be way nicer to be able to use the tools provided.

This would confuse the user I would think. They would think its broken when it suddenly doesn't scroll. But you should be able to do it if you need to. There's a command to turn on/off reordering so you would think you could turn on/off scrolling, but I don't know of one. Have you tried sending the ^ENA command with an argument of 0 to the subview?
    Paul