Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Mvp5200 Communication error

Hey Guys, Could you please help me to connect my mvp5200 wireless TP with the master controller. Well i did the system settings and wireless settings. But it is stuck in Attempting via Ethernet. I tried rebooting the Touch panel still the same.

I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance Mate.

Comments

• Options
    CedricCedric Posts: 32
    Hi,

So your MVP is on static IP or DHCP ? and same for the master ?
    I would if not try to put both on static IP and define the master IP in the MVP don't use the listen.
  • Options
    u57jcsu57jcs Posts: 19
    I did define and tried using static as well as dhcp. Master is on static. I tried with my phone am able to connect using the same device id.
  • Options
    CedricCedric Posts: 32
    Did you also define the Master IP in the MVP ? (I had the same probleme and solve it with it)

But if even after setting the Master IP in the MVP seems sone network problem to search.

Can you ping the MVP and the master ?
    Can you set a connection using TP4 with your MVP?
    What kind of router do you use and also the acces point ?
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    You didn't say whether the 5200 shows a connection to the network/access point. You'd see green bars in the signal strength display on the wireless page. If not, the panel isn't on the net. If so, the panel can't see the NetLinx.

There is no third thing...
  • Options
    u57jcsu57jcs Posts: 19
    My pannel is on the Network it shows the Green Button. I am not able to connect to master with the MVP. I did put masters ip on the pannel.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    u57jcs wrote: »
    My pannel is on the Network it shows the Green Button. I am not able to connect to master with the MVP. I did put masters ip on the pannel.
    Okay, hen telnet into the panel and turn on the diagnostic messages. "MSG ON ALL"

if the panel is having issues you can at least see what errors are occurring. You can find the pane's IP address in its network settings.
  • Options
    The description seems off... you say you have the green "button" but it says ATTEMPTING.
    Is the "button" you refer to the big BALL? it should not be green unless there is communication with the master.
    And then it would not be saying "attempting".

Check to be sure you don't have an IP address or Panel address conflict with something else in the system.

Watch TELNET on the NetLinx to see if you see the panel being detected and rejected.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You say you can connect with your phone with the same device ID. If you weren't just doing that as a temporary measure, you have two devices with the same ID and one of them has to change.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    It's getting to the point nowadays that trouble shooting should be considered a super power.
  • Options
    JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    ericmedley wrote: »
    It's getting to the point nowadays that trouble shooting should be considered a super power.

That is all I need, a superhero costume to annoy my coworkers more than I already do! LOL!
  • Options
    The rule of divide and conquer should be more widely taught.

Find a way to split the problem and see which which side it's on. You just cut the possibilities in half. Do it again, and usually by then you are down to a few items. Then change to substitution, controlling for other variables.

This apparently only sounds obvious. In practice, it appears to be sorcery to many.
    Too often I have to talk a dealer out of his plan to "change all the possible things at once" to save time. Even when that works, they end up putting all the replaced parts back in stock because they don't know which is bad. So of course, when they replaced 9 items at once, they came from the contaminated stock they had. So now they have at least a different problem, and possibly the original one too.