Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Over the past few years I noticed something odd and support has not been able help. I get this diagnostic message while monitoring a system.

Line 881 (12:09:21):: Timed out on connect to 192.168.1.26
Line 882 (12:09:21):: Connect retry count exceeded to 192.168.1.26.
Line 883 (12:09:22):: Look up IP for URL[0]=192.168.1.26
Line 884 (12:09:22):: hostGetByName succeeded with IP=192.168.1.26..Attempting connection
Line 885 (12:09:22):: Attempting connection to 192.168.1.26
and later
Line 956 (12:16:18):: Timed out on connect to 192.168.1.26
Line 957 (12:16:18):: Attempting connection to 192.168.1.26

It does not seem to matter which master or computer that is in use. It seems to cause any problems. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this or know where it is coming from. I've seen it about 30 times on many systems whether directly connected or remote, regardless of which computer or version of NetLinx studio, NetLinx master series, or on the bench or in use.
I just loaded a new master with stock code from Autonomics. Everything works fine, but this message pops up again. ???

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    Check your URL LIST in the master, see if it has that entry. It's reaching out to connect to that IP, that specific IP, and it's not there. Something in your code or URL list is asking to do this. It doesn't happen to the rest of us...
  • Thanks, but how?

Yup, that was it, but how did it get set? Is there some preference that can be set within studio that will automatically setup a URL list?
    I do not remember ever setting up my bench master for that url, but hell, I've been doing AMX for over 20 years now and probably have some memory leakage.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    imsoco wrote: »
    Yup, that was it, but how did it get set? Is there some preference that can be set within studio that will automatically setup a URL list?
    I do not remember ever setting up my bench master for that url, but hell, I've been doing AMX for over 20 years now and probably have some memory leakage.
    Studio can't do that automatically but it can be done by program ;)
  • Thanks

That helped. I have a system I was working on that did a lot of m2m communication and managed switch configuration in the start up. It was loaded on a few masters. I'll check there. Thanks.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    imsoco wrote: »
    That helped. I have a system I was working on that did a lot of m2m communication and managed switch configuration in the start up. It was loaded on a few masters. I'll check there. Thanks.
    I setup M2M parameters in my program in most systems, it avoids some additionnal difficulties if controler has to be changed !
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,740
    We've normally set the slaves to manage the URL list connection to the master, so that if the slave goes down, the master isn't left struggling to connect endlessly.

In reality, the master isn't slowed much (maybe not even measurable) by the connect attempts, but we like to offload whatever we can, including the bonjour/UPD broadcasts.
    It makes the TELNET work cleaner without having to step over reports of failures you already know about.