Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

xdd module faulty

I tried using an xdd module for the first time this week, but when we tested the installation, big issues occured.
This post is regarding the LG_Electronics_TV_42LY340C_1.0.0.xdd module.

Switching the device to 'DTV', which command should be 'INPUT-DTV', the device responded with a fault. Also the input command 'INPUT-ANALOG' had the same fault response.
I thought maybe there was a flaw in the documentation. so i tried te commands '?INPUTPROPERTIES', '? INPUTPROPERTY' and '?INPUT'. ALL of these commands resultied in a ongoing stream with the text '[UNKNOWN]'. It boosted the CPU usage to 98.5% and all i could do to stop it was a reboot.

To be honest, we have a lot of problems with duet modules, be we never take the time to report this at AMX; We just write a module ourselves. I think this is not very fair to AMX, but i also don't know the correct place to report these issues and what the responsetime would be.

What can we do with this, the described, issue?
What can we do with other modules?
Where do we report these issues?

Greetings,

Erwin van Maasakkers
MK2, The Netherlands.

Comments

• XDD module Faulty

Please send these fault reports to AMX Tech support. XDD files are normally created by the manufacturer or by AMX.
  • GregGGregG Posts: 251
    Is there an xdd driver creation kit and/or tutorial somewhere?
  • IVCBenIVCBen Posts: 3
    Bump...

I would like to know how to create a XDD file as well.

I have a project which we are intending to use one of the New Massio keypads, but it is restricted to be programmed by RPM and therefore are limited in which drivers are available (I realise that a new driver can be requested, but this is not always convenient, or time allowing).

It would be good if I could develop my own drivers if one was not available or did not do what I would like.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    I thought an xdd file was simply a jar with a different extension. Is this not the case?
    Paul
  • AMXJeffAMXJeff Posts: 450
    GregG wrote: »
    Is there an xdd driver creation kit and/or tutorial somewhere?

Hi Greg! AMX Design Suite is used to create xdds. It is actually really cool! It currently only creates xdds for Display Devices. AMX gives this tool currently to display manufacturers, not available outside that network. I think xdds are XML? There is a jscript jar that is part of the default bundle that I think is used to "run" theses files.

Your buddy Mitch has played with it! TTYL