Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Casio XJ-M140-UJ LED projector volume RS232 codes

Hi All,

As far as i can tell, the new range of Casio LED projectors only have % values for their volume controls.

is there any way of getting volume plus and volume minus codes for this?
% values do my nut in!!

sorry guys,

forgot to say that i am using Prosoft and DCS to reprogram old panels, including 84X / 1000 / 2000 series panels. rather than NetLinx........

Comments

• Options
    RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    Has I see in the use manual, you only can send value. My suggestion will be to get your actual volume value from a read command and then change the volume you want after.

When you send the command (VOL?) You should receive a response format that way (0-50,xx) xx is the actual volume value. Parse the response to isolate the actual value in a variable then use that variable when sending your string.

I'm not familiar with Casio projector but the protocol look the same has some in focus projector and you will probably need to send your command and the read state to get your actual value:
    (VOL30)(VOL?)

Good luck
  • Options
    GregGGregG Posts: 251
    Define_Function RampVolumeFunction(Integer nVolUp)  // Ramp(1) does up, Ramp(0) does down
    {
    	If(nVolUp)
    		nCurrentVolume++
    	Else If(nCurrentVolume)
    		nCurrentVolume--

If(nCurrentVolume>100)
    		nCurrentVolume = 100

Send_String dvTV,"'Your protocol command for volume: ',Itoa(nCurrentVolume),13,10"
    }
    DEFINE_EVENT
    Button_Event[dvTP,101] // Volume up button
    {
            Push:  RampVolumeFunction(1)
            Hold[2,REPEAT]: RampVolumeFunction(1)
    }
    Button_Event[dvTP,102] // Volume down button
    {
            Push:  RampVolumeFunction(0)
            Hold[2,REPEAT]: RampVolumeFunction(0)
    }

• Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Depending on your circumstance, you may find it simpler and satisfactory to never ask the projector what its volume is, and simply keep track of the last level you sent it, incrementing up or down using values/commands in a table.

There's not a lot of value to be had by asking what it is set at, if you already know what you told it. Because if it didn't take your command to set the volume, it probably can't respond to your query either, and you likely aren't working for power or other commands either.

The exception to this is where someone might be using a separate remote and is in competition with your control system. Even then, the only consequence of just sending your tracked control system commands is that the volume will resume where the control system left off, regardless of what the remote may have done in the meantime. Which may also be just fine.

Use your tracked volume to display on panels as well. It will be right unless someone intervenes elsewhere. So many lines of code get devoted to putting "55%" on a panel by sending 55 to the device, then asking the device what it has, parsing the 55 that comes back, then formatting that for the panel.