Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Sharp LCD rs232

Anyone have any luck using rs232 with a Sharp LCD (30"+)? I've read some posts noting you need to turn off the Energy Star mode (?) in order to get power on commands to work? Am I looking at straight pass through commands?

If not do you have a LCD model you would suggest using in the 32" range?

Thanks for any help.

-Thad

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Yep in fact to be able to power on Sharp LCD (Aquos series mostly), you need to send first time you speak with it (you can do it right after you issue SET BAUD command on your serial port), the "'RSPW0001',$D" command.

Then when you need to power it on, just send command "'POWR 1',$D" , take care about three spaces between POWR and 1 characters, and also that syntax is not exactly the same as for power on.

Hope it helps you

Vinc
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
  • Options
    I haven't tried this myself, so I can't speak from experience, but...

...I have to question the ability to send the "Energy Saver Disable" command when the display is in standby, and the energy saver is currently active.

The whole issue is that the energy saver TURNS OFF the serial port when the display is in standby, so - how is it going to process ANY message sent to it in that state? I doubt that the port is really on and programmed to ONLY pay attention to the engery saver commands while the display is in standby.

I may be wrong, but I believe that in order for that command to work, it needs to be sent WHILE the unit is on...

- Chip
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Chip Moody wrote:
    I may be wrong, but I believe that in order for that command to work, it needs to be sent WHILE the unit is on...

No, you're right. The unit must be on when you send the 'RSPW0001'. After that it should work forever unless you turn RS232 connection back off via 'RSPW0000'.

What I do is I put the RSPW0001 string in my DEFINE_START, make sure the TV is on, then reboot the master.