Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Controlling a Sony KDL60W600PSD via IP

Hi Guys (and Girls),

I was wondering if any one has had success in controlling a Sony KDL60W600PSD via IP. There is no RS232 available for this model.

I have tried the AMX XDD driver. This looks to connect to the screen, but doesn't control it.
I can not seem to find the protocol for this device.

Has any one controlled these via IP or have the Protocol?

Kind regards
Craig

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    cmatkin wrote: »
    Hi Guys (and Girls),

I was wondering if any one has had success in controlling a Sony KDL60W600PSD via IP. There is no RS232 available for this model.

I have tried the AMX XDD driver. This looks to connect to the screen, but doesn't control it.
    I can not seem to find the protocol for this device.

Has any one controlled these via IP or have the Protocol?

Kind regards
    Craig

Doesn't the xdd work? I have to control one of these in a project soon and assumed it did. The PDF seems to cover all the necessary commands. I think these are controlled using the IRCC protocol aren't they? SOAP in HTTP sort of thing? I don't have one to test against, and am wondering if it has a WOL or if there is no way to power it up over IP.
    Paul
  • Options
    Hi Paul,

I had the program pre-written prior to attending site as it was a tight timeframe on site.
    Ive programmed a few jobs using the XDD files and all seems to get fairly well. As long as the driver makes it to the processor and enough memory available all should work.

Unfortunately, I couldn't control the screens via the XDD driver. I have followed the setup as per the manual, but no go.

I have tried many commands but none worked. It is interesting as it seems to report some input information upon startup of the module.
    The time was pressed and I couldn't debug much on site.

Regards
    Craig
  • Options
    I recall doing some Sony KDL series a while back. It's a 3D device?

If it's the same as what I faced, yes, there is no serial port, and no, the ethernet port is not for control, but for the display's internet services.

I ended up having to control the display with IR. Fortunately, there is discrete power on/off commands. It's worked reasonably well.

Let me know if I'm wrong, I'd like to change the system to IP.
  • Options
    Hi RichardHamilton

I believe that you are correct. Though AMx have a XDD driver for these.
    Sony have confirmed your findings.

Usually we control these via CEC using a Sony RS232-CEC interface on the HDMI port.

Sony have been helpful in saying that putting these screens into hotel mode and enabling simple networks as per the AMX manual you can use some HTML commands to control these units.
    Within the next couple of weeks we will program a module and see if it is able to be controlled.

Regards
    Craig
  • Options
    Ah okay, hotel mode. Interesting. I will take a look, as I could do with these functions as well.

I am wondering if that kills off the user internet services of the display.. but I'll check and find out.

And yes, the CEC injector over HDMI is probably the better bet. I have used that on other installations.. just more hardware I'll have to get the client to purchase.

Thanks for the reply, very helpful.