Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Assigning text to a button - What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to programmatically change the text on a button on a MIO-R4. However, it never changes. Could someone please look at what I'm currently doing and let me know what I am doing wrong?

My device is defined as this:

dvR4_Volume = 10003:14:0

I've attached a screenshot of the button properties.

The code I use to assign the text is:

SEND_COMMAND dvR4_Volume, "'^TXT-1,1&2,TEST'"

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Comments

• Options
    Possibly something to do with the port number you are using - depends on how it's been defined with respect to other ports on the same device, as far as I can make out. There's some discussion on the issue at:

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?10998-Virtual-Device-ports&highlight=port+number

EDIT: Hang on. Just spottted that since you're sending a command *to* the button, you should be setting the button's *Address* port and code appropriately. Channel port and code determine where feedback from the button will be returned to the device. Your device is defined as using port 14 but the button address port is set to 2.

Andy
  • Options
    Hi Andy,

That was it! Many thanks for you help.

Kind regards,

Steve
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    sijones wrote: »
    SEND_COMMAND dvR4_Volume, "'^TXT-1,1&2,TEST'"

Instead of using 1&2 you can just use 0 which is shorthand for all states.
    SEND_COMMAND dvR4_Volume, "'^TXT-1,0,TEST'"
    Paul
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 209
    It could 've worst. You could be trying to do it on a Ctron system.
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Kenny wrote: »
    It could 've worst. You could be trying to do it on a Ctron system.

Changing the text of a button on a Crestron system isn't hard at all...
  • Options
    GregGGregG Posts: 251
    Jorde_V wrote: »
    Changing the text of a button on a ******** system isn't hard at all...
    The part that could be worse wouldn't be the difficulty, it would be having to do it on that system at all ;-)
  • Options
    GregG wrote: »
    The part that could be worse wouldn't be the difficulty, it would be having to do it on that system at all ;-)

I thought we would be over feeling superior to that system now that S# Pro exists. (You can program a system fully in S# Pro (A sandboxed C#), that's in the VS2008 IDE)

If anything it's the other way around now. (As much as that pains me)
  • Options
    JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    S# has the same fundamental problem as Cafe Duet, SUPPORT. Why are we even talking about how to send a string to a button in Ctron, that should be discussed in their forums. Different ways to skin a cat.
  • Options
    JasonS wrote: »
    S# has the same fundamental problem as Cafe Duet, SUPPORT. Why are we even talking about how to send a string to a button in Ctron, that should be discussed in their forums. Different ways to skin a cat.

the fundamental problem with Duet was the cost, not the support.

We're not discussing how you can do it on a crestron system. I'm just not complying with the unsolicited flaming.
  • Options
    JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    the fundamental problem with Duet was the cost, not the support.

Have you tried to find a copy of C# Professional 2008 so you can do S#? Not only is there a similar cost associated with obtaining it, there is the problem of availability of a product that is "End of Life".

Have you tried to get support for Cafe Duet?
    We're not discussing how you can do it on a ******** system. I'm just not complying with the unsolicited flaming.

I personally wouldn't consider Kenny or GregG's comments a flaming.
  • Options
    JasonS wrote: »
    Have you tried to find a copy of C# Professional 2008 so you can do S#? Not only is there a similar cost associated with obtaining it, there is the problem of availability of a product that is "End of Life".

Have you tried to get support for Cafe Duet?

I personally wouldn't consider Kenny or GregG's comments a flaming.

You get vs2008 with a vs2012 purchase or an msdn subscription. You can also develop other things with vs.

I said the problem with cafe duet is the cost, i didn't say support was good or bad.

You buy Cafe Duet from AMX, while you buy vs from microsoft. vs costs 650€. iirc cafe duet costs a multitude of that.