Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Timeline limits

Hi all,

Is there a limit of repetition of a timeline.

What appends when timeline.repetition reach the maximum value of the long variable. It's probably explain somewhere, but today I'm using the easy way.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Raphayo wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is there a limit of repetition of a timeline.

What appends when timeline.repetition reach the maximum value of the long variable. It's probably explain somewhere, but today I'm using the easy way.

Thanks

Why don't you run a test and find out? If you have a timeline running 1000 times a second you'll only have to wait about 50 days to see what happens. Exciting!
    Paul
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I probably have an ME260 I could throw at this problem. If the power statys on continuously we could find out. I'm willing to bet it just rolls over like my 1972 Buick Riviera did in the 90s.
  • Options
    RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    I will make a try.
  • Options
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    Why don't you run a test and find out? If you have a timeline running 1000 times a second you'll only have to wait about 50 days to see what happens. Exciting!
    Paul

My vote is the end of the world. Let me know when someone starts so I can plan accordingly.

Kevin D.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm not sure I understand the question, but I regularly run repeating timelines to do feedback. Some have run for years, once a second, with no issue.
  • Options
    RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    I don't remember where i see that timeline having a time limit, but if a timeline could run forever with any problem it answer my question.
  • Options
    What I do is Stop the Timeline when System is shutdown by user or Auto Shutdown.
    Wait for 30 seconds then Start the Timeline again.