Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

SOUND FILE

Hi I am a little lost when it comes to 'wav' files.
I wish to play a particular sound file at a defined panel (ipad using tpc)
when a button is pressed at other panel or front gate, I want to play file at specified panel.

I think I understand that

SEND_COMMAND dvPanel,"'@SOU-MySoundFile.wav'" would be the command sent upon BUTTON_EVENT.

but I don't understand where to put the sound file or how netlinx studio knows where to reference it.

I have the sound file in the resource manager of the TP4 file that creates the GUI for the panel, it is then run through TPC which I don't believe changes anything.

Just not sure how to move and send sound files around.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    You load the file in Touch Panel a design. Look at the Resource Manager and the sounds tab.

The file gets sent to the iPad when upload the TP file.
  • ericmedley wrote: »
    You load the file in Touch Panel a design. Look at the Resource Manager and the sounds tab.

The file gets sent to the iPad when upload the TP file.

I do have the file in TP4 in the resource manager "sounds" tab. If I select the file and press "play" I hear the correct sound. But when I set up a BUTTON_EVENT to call it up, I get no result. Am I supposed to assign the file to something like with dynamic images and slots?

Should I be doing something first to open the speaker on the iPad?
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    I do have the file in TP4 in the resource manager "sounds" tab. If I select the file and press "play" I hear the correct sound. But when I set up a BUTTON_EVENT to call it up, I get no result. Am I supposed to assign the file to something like with dynamic images and slots?
    Nope no need to assign file to something specific !*Have you been careful about syntax of file ?*B and b is not the same and is it sort of standard wav file ?