Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Avb tx multiformat cant connect

Im trying to connect with this unit to upgrade the firmware but failed to connect, in the manual the default ip is 192.168.1.2 but cant ping the unit. I reset it in factory default by presshold for 10 sec the id button but still cant ping the unit. I try direct cable, cross cable but still didn't work. Anybody have same issue and how to solve this thing?

Comments

• Options
    In my experience it sometimes takes several tries to get it to reset. What I generally find works best is to run a free DHCP server program on my laptop and connect directly to the box. I'll do the hold for 10 seconds reboot process a couple of times until I see the DHCP server assign an address.
  • Options
    JubalJubal Posts: 77
    In my experience it sometimes takes several tries to get it to reset. What I generally find works best is to run a free DHCP server program on my laptop and connect directly to the box. I'll do the hold for 10 seconds reboot process a couple of times until I see the DHCP server assign an address.

Ok thanks for the advice, second question is, did you ever experience that this transmitter is not responding every day that need to restart everyday to make it work
  • Options
    Jubal wrote: »
    Ok thanks for the advice, second question is, did you ever experience that this transmitter is not responding every day that need to restart everyday to make it work

No, I have seen a power failure require me to reboot before one of 10 TX/RX devices would respond. I don't know why only one freaked-out, but it was a one-time occurrence.
  • Options
    RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    Danny, can you share the software name you use for DHCP.

Thanks
  • Options
    The software that I use as a DHCP server is dchpsrv2.4. I downloaded it from this web site: http://www.dhcpserver.de/cms/
  • Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    I use to use DHCP software but now I use this device:
    http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-MR3040

Best piece of kit I have:
    Battery lasts about 6-7 hours ( newer model charges from POE network switch)
    DHCP whatever connected device ( got a second one without DHCP to connect to corp networks)
    Cheap Cheap
    Small and lightweight

Has heaps of other modes as well (mesh them together, connect this to a WIFI network as a client etc)

I rock up to the site, plug this into the rack switch or device and sit in a comfy place with WIFI connected without having to plug and run network cables.