Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Strange Feedbcak from biamp Audia

We have installation involving DVX 3155 and biam audia wherein I get strange feedback from port 1.
also strange is I try all port same command and same equipment but different port, and I get different respond.

port 1 i get this respond String From [5001:1:1]-[\]$D5$D7$FB$BFm_}ww[$EB$00]
Port 2 i get proper respond String From [5001:2:1]-[#GETD 0 IPADDR 192.168.30.225$0D$0A]
port 3 no respond at all
port 4 i get proper respond String From [5001:2:1]-[#GETD 0 IPADDR 192.168.30.225$0D$0A]
port 5 no respond at all
port 6 i get proper respond String From [5001:2:1]-[#GETD 0 IPADDR 192.168.30.225$0D$0A]

the first port have strange feedback, the most strange things is why port 3 and 5 didn't respond with all same setup,
same equipment, same cable and same program.

Comments

• Options
    NZRobNZRob Posts: 70
    Have you checked the Baud / Setting for Port 1 / 3 / 5? String on Port 1 is what I sometimes see when the baud is wrong and ASCII is sent.

Port setting should be 38400:8:N:1 for that device
  • Options
    JubalJubal Posts: 77
    NZRob wrote: »
    Have you checked the Baud / Setting for Port 1 / 3 / 5? String on Port 1 is what I sometimes see when the baud is wrong and ASCII is sent.

Port setting should be 38400:8:N:1 for that device

Yes everything is same 9600. It's define in the program
  • Options
    RaphayoRaphayo Posts: 111
    If the baud rate is wrong the device would not response but you receive a response from the device. A test you can do is shorting pin 2&3 together on your dvx to verify if the command you receive is the same has the one you sent.
  • Options
    Raphayo wrote: »
    If the baud rate is wrong the device would not response but you receive a response from the device. A test you can do is shorting pin 2&3 together on your dvx to verify if the command you receive is the same has the one you sent.

I try that already, and I get all the feedback I need in all port, but once I'm on site, I create simple program, in all port.
    the result is what I posted earlier. the strange things is, why Biamp nexia only have feedback in some port and not in all + port 1 have weird respond
  • Options
    ColinColin Posts: 51
    Hi Jubal, have you tried setting the Baud rate in a Data_Event
    DATA_EVENT [dvNEXIA] //whichever port you are using eg 5001:1:0 or 5001:2:0
    {
    ONLINE:
    {
    SEND_COMMAND dvNEXIA,'SET BAUD 38400,N,8,1 485 DISABLE'
    }
    }

Maybe having it in Define_Program is inconsistent in running the Send_Commands in the order you have it set to

Just a thought??

cheers
  • Options
    Colin wrote: »
    Hi Jubal, have you tried setting the Baud rate in a Data_Event
    DATA_EVENT [dvNEXIA] //whichever port you are using eg 5001:1:0 or 5001:2:0
    {
    ONLINE:
    {
    SEND_COMMAND dvNEXIA,'SET BAUD 38400,N,8,1 485 DISABLE'
    }
    }

Maybe having it in Define_Program is inconsistent in running the Send_Commands in the order you have it set to

Just a thought??

cheers

Yes As Im saying, its one program (simple program) which I send to same unit in the same cable.
    im just changing the connection and the port no. in the program while Im doing the test.

What I did is create a simple program.
    then change the port no. every time i need to test the port.
    like 5001:1:0 then put the rs232 to port 1.
    next 5001:2:0 then port 2. then so on and so on