Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

No VNC- Modero

Hi everyone.
Last night I tried to view a Modero panel from my home to my office at work. I was able to log onto the master(NI-2000) and view the security, system, devices, network without a hitch but as I tried to load the panel a 'NO VNC' fault would appear. I tried shutting my firewall off, browser to accept everything etc but still no luck. I asked our IP master Yoda to check that the ports where open. I have the ports needed as 1319, 23, 80,443(SSL), 21/20 and 10500. Is there any ports that I am missing? ;)

Comments

• Options
    VNC is the port 5900 for a viewer connecting to a server, 5800 may be needed as well.
    and 5500 for a server to initiate a connection to a viewer.

Dan Nelson
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Thanks Dan and Reese I'll let Yoda know.
  • Options
    No VNC- Modero

It has been a while since I set it up but I think VNC requires ports 5800/5801 or 5900/5901 depending on the configuration. Give that a try and see if it helps.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    You may want to verify that the panel is set to allow VNC connections. I had a problem with a touchpanel where either I forgot to allow VNC or someone turned the VNC off (I tell myself it was the later even tho I was the only one with access :). Once I enabled the G4 Web Control (VNC), everything started working. You can also change the port being used on that screen (defaults to 5900).

Jeff
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    That was all enabled on the panel, I'm leaning towards the IP dept blocking ports.(Blaming other people is a fine art :) ) Once I find the issue I'll post it (unless it was something I did wrong ;) )
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've had bad luck using the master's web interface to connect to a panel from the outside through a router, and it's not a port forwarding issue. However, if I use a stand-alone VNC client, I can connect just fine.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I've had bad luck using the master's web interface to connect to a panel from the outside through a router, and it's not a port forwarding issue. However, if I use a stand-alone VNC client, I can connect just fine.
    That?s because the link on the master?s web page points to an internal private IP (i.e 192.168.x.x) which can?t be resolved from the outside world no matter what ports are forwarded or not. When you use VNC (from the outside world) you point to the external public IP and then the router can forward to the correct internal private IP.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Isn't there a way to modify the listing (or add a second) in the master? This would allow you to set the external IP.

Jeff
  • Options
    Check out tech note 669 - "Adding G4 Web Control Devices to Web Control List Displayed in the Browser" - this is exactly what it covers...

- Chip