Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

EXB-IRS4

Hi,

Please help me integrate EXB-IRS in my system. I have no clue how to define it.

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    That's a pretty vague request.

Are you asking how to set up / configure the device?
    Or, how to program it for use with an existing system?

If the first - the documentation that came in the box (quick start) should have all the info you need to get it configured. If you don't ahve that just grab it from the AMX website. The manuals are all there. Just search by product model.

If the second situation: Post the code you're having trobule with anad we'll see what's going on.

E
  • Options
    D:P:S
    Device:Port:System

The device will require that you configure it with a device number. The quick start guide should help you connect and configure this. Let's assume you give this a device 5002 number. With that decided, it is important to understand this product has 4 ports.
    DEFINE_DEVICE //EXB IRS4
    dvEXB_IRS4_Port1 = 5002:1:0;
    dvEXB_IRS4_Port2 = 5002:2:0;
    dvEXB_IRS4_Port3 = 5002:3:0;
    dvEXB_IRS4_Port4 = 5002:4:0;

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    i connect the exb device to the master(using telnet)...and i use pulse[] command wich works. thank you!

Doest he device show up in the online tree?
    Did you load in an IR file to the port? The device won't show a pulse unless there's an IR file loaded.
  • Options
    bwestlakebwestlake Posts: 82
    Use Telnet

I always just scan the network to find the EXBs IP address, telnet into the device, set a static IP address, set the device number, reboot the device then find the device in the online tree, right-click and bind the device to the master. Once you have done it a time or two it's fast and easy.
  • Options
    JasonSJasonS Posts: 229
    bwestlake wrote: »
    I always just scan the network to find the EXBs IP address, telnet into the device, set a static IP address, set the device number, reboot the device then find the device in the online tree, right-click and bind the device to the master. Once you have done it a time or two it's fast and easy.

While you are telneted into the device do "Set Connection", then you can skip the bind device to master step, it is already done.