Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Connection issues with TPD4

This is another nit I have to pick with TPD4; I am reasonably sure it has been mentioned before, but buried in another thread, so I wanted to bring it up again.

If a connection is lost during a file transfer, or interupted, TPD4 crashes and burns. I am starting to hate the fact that when I am in development on a panel, I practically have to save it with every little edit, because if I try to load it to make sure my changes do what I want, I am risking a crash and losing the edits. It's not completely consistent, and is far more likely to happen if you lose a connection and do not crash, but try to re-establish it too quickly afterwards.

Comments

• Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Hi Dave
    Your right, I had mentioned this issue some time back in another thread. I noticied it after I rebooted the master from studio and went back to TP4. I'm not sure if they have an auto-save option with this program or not but it would help out abit. Also if they had an option to disconnect after file transfer would be nice or even if studio and TP4 would talk to see if either or was already connected and warn you.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This has happened to me a half dozen times today. I'm working via a VPN link, so I expect disconnects and glitches, just not TPD4 barfing on them.

In any case, in case it is helpful, I have noticed that every single time I'm had a lost connection, there has been a 42K process named TPDesign4.exe left running on my computer. I kind of expect that after a crash, but the kicker is on the few occasions where I anticipated a crash, and simply closed the program after a disconnect, this process was still running. So I'm guessing the comm module isn't unloading from memory after a disconnect, and subsequent calls to it crash the program because either two are running or all the hooks are fubared.
  • Options
    yes, i have similar problems, you've seen me complain about them before. just contributing to this thread.