Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

NX-3200 and AXB-VOL3 and old AXT Panels???

Hi All.

OK, so I recently upgraded a NI-3100 to a NX-3200 processor. No programming has changed!

I am having an issue with some AXB-VOL3 Cards and old AXT panels...yes yes...go ahead and laugh...AXT panels.

Lets just keep it simple with one box. So, channel 1 and channel 2 are a stereo zone and channel 3 is a mono zone.
Channel 3 works perfectly. However, channel 1 and 2 do not.

Specifically:

If I volume up or down, the active bargraph does not display feedback...but I can control the volume via the same active bargraph just fine. Works perfect on the MVP-8400 panels, but not the AXT panels.

Anybody have any ideas??? Super stumped!

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Is everything well coded as Events in program ? nothing using main Define_Program or DEFINE_Start ??
  • Options
    Yup, everything is well coded. No define start or mainline code.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Yup, everything is well coded. No define start or mainline code.

are you able to operate the box manually with something like Netlinx Diagnostics? turning channels on and off and seeing appropirate volume changes/mutes-unmutes?
  • Options
    Yup, I can control the box manually. Feedback on the bargraph on the 8400 panel works fine, but not on the AXT-CV10 Panel or the AXD-CV6 Panel.

Has to be something to do with the old panels and the new processor. I've tried readdressing them as well with the same outcome.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Yup, I can control the box manually. Feedback on the bargraph on the 8400 panel works fine, but not on the AXT-CV10 Panel or the AXD-CV6 Panel.

Has to be something to do with the old panels and the new processor. I've tried readdressing them as well with the same outcome.

Okay, here's a crazy thing. I've had systems where old AXBs didn't work with the issue being channels. I won't bore you with how I found this out... But, add ad some code in the online event of the box in questions. in the online: put in a Set_Virtual_Channel_Count() command.

set_virtual_channel_count(dvAXB_Box,256) // some number over 255 and see if it starts working from code.
  • Options
    Thanks Eric, I will give it a try and report back.
  • Options
    Nope, it no work either...good thought though.
  • Options
    itismyworlditismyworld Posts: 68
    In case anybody stumbles onto the same problem. This issue was cured with the hotfix and firmware upgrade for the NX controller. Loaded em' up...no more problems.:)