Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NI3100 status light off

Hi all.
I just got a picture sent to me that shows an NI3100 and the status led is off. Link/act is on (or blinking, don't really know). All keypads don't work. Do you guys have any idea what is going on before i go to site?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Not enough info to be helpful. Any number of things could be wrong. did you have the client power cycle? what changed in the system? stuff like that...
  • I don't see anywhere in the manuals that shows what an off status led means. Power cycled, still it doesnt turn on. Axlink is off, keypads don't work. Unfortunately no further information available.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Perhaps one of the dip switches was flipped on the back of the unit thus disabling the program/master.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    It doesn't really matter if its on or off, if its not blinking then its stuck in the on or off position. You will see both solid on or solid off when the flash drive fails.
    Paul
  • Dip switch is okay, cf is probably okay. Tried it with a different cf, problem persists. Will probably just send this back to AMX.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Before you send it out, load a small do-nothing program and see if it still acts up. If so, go ahead and send it in. If it clears, go ahead and reload your original program. You may even want to issue a "clean disk" or "reset factory" command to it if you can connect with Telnet. There are a lot of things that can lock up a master that aren't in the hardware ... program eating too much memory, device responses bogging down the system, something wonky on the Axlink. You want to make sure it isn't something like that or AMX is just going to kick it back to you and you will have wasted the time it was out.
  • Hi all,

Same problem here. After a programming update the NI3100 stopped to work.
    The link/act led is green (fast blinking) when ethernet cable is plugged and all front leds are off if disconnect ethernet cable.
    Axlink led is always green.
    No ip address, no RS232 connection.... :(