Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Forum Wonkiness

Is anyone else having issues with the forum? Lately I've had to re-enter my login creds a lot while browsing. I've also noticed the "What's New" button now links to a different search. It used to just take me to a list of my unread posts. Now it's a list of active topics. I then can hit the "new posts" sub menu.

Comments

• Options
    yeah, when I login it doesn't go straight to the forum it puts up a link to redirect on the screen but its not 'clickable.
    I just have to select where I want to go then its fine

Duncan
  • Options
    Me too, the site was doing it all day yesterday, but seems to be OK now.
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Lately I've had to re-enter my login creds a lot while browsing.
  • Options
    Looks like a designer decided to create some confusion. Don't you just love it when someone tries to reinvent the wheel :)

To see the view that you might be familiar with, you may need to select 'What's New?' and then select 'New Posts'.

That's the view I prefer to see. The new default view appears to be 'Activity Stream' which turns it into some kind of farcebook 'wall'. The priority of the new view is the User that made the post, not the actual subject at hand, which has been made into a secondary item of the listings.

(end of rant :) ).
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Looks like a designer decided to create some confusion. Don't you just love it when someone tries to reinvent the wheel :)

To see the view that you might be familiar with, you may need to select 'What's New?' and then select 'New Posts'.

That's the view I prefer to see. The new default view appears to be 'Activity Stream' which turns it into some kind of farcebook 'wall'. The priority of the new view is the User that made the post, not the actual subject at hand, which has been made into a secondary item of the listings.

(end of rant :) ).

yeah, that's what I'm doing. I'm now two clicks away from forum happiness instead of one. Oh well, you get what you pay for... :)