Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Polycom RMX-1500/2000 MCU

G'day all,

Has anyone controlled a Polycom RMX-1500/2000 MCU yet?
Any tips or pointers would be much appreciated.
My boss has spent several hours trying but just can't crack it.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Interesting, what are you trying to do with it? Setting up rooms on the bridge dynamically? Forcing screen layouts on calls?

I'm yet to hear of someone implementing third party control of these as it's normally driven from a calendaring platform or concierge service... Knowing the stability or otherwise of control of their codecs over the years I'll be interested to hear how you go.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Auser wrote: »
    Interesting, what are you trying to do with it? Setting up rooms on the bridge dynamically? Forcing screen layouts on calls?

I'm yet to hear of someone implementing third party control of these as it's normally driven from a calendaring platform or concierge service... Knowing the stability or otherwise of control of their codecs over the years I'll be interested to hear how you go.

Agreed, that's the first thing that popped in my head. Unless there is a specific (and dare I say - oddball) reason for third party control I'd venture to say someone is thinking about this piece of gear incorrectly. Just sayin...
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    Auser wrote: »

Auser,
    All went well with proof of concept and I was able to give the end user what they wanted and more. Subsequently we have been asked to proceed with the job.
    The control of the RMX is pretty rock solid. At times the AMX master struggles when there is a lot of data coming back but apart from that it works well.
    Cheers

Mush