Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

amx.com/ip.asp?

Has any one else been getting long html's returned when using this to get the public IP. I get a response from "DOSArrest Internet Security, a cloud based fully managed DDoS protection service". It only happens sporadically on various jobs and when it happens it persists until I notice it and I end up disabling that GET_PUBLIC_IP function. I could see if this were a ping request on a public address this could be an ISP based protection filter but since it's a GET request on amx.com I assume it's and AMX protection service. Has anyone else seen this? I don't really care since I don't use the public IP for anything other than including it in the system's daily email but the html returned clogs up my sitrep log cuz it wasn't written to truncate long winded html's.

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Probably the protection system of AMX*website that detects too many requests form an unique ip ! Why don't you install such script on your own website to avoid the issue ?
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Yeah, I could do that or simply get their public ip when they connect to my office master every night when they transfer their daily SITREP. Truth is I don't really need it since I don't use it, I have dyndns org accounts for clients. I just wrote a ping module a few years ago and figured I'd add in an hourly get public ip function despite the fact that I don't use the return for anything. I could also probably call the function daily instead of hourly and maybe not piss off their protection software but since it has always worked in the past it just seems odd that not all client systems are affected, just one system this week and another a few weeks ago.