Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

V2.3 and .tko Modules

Ok, I haven't made the switch to 2.4 yet (At the end of a VERY large project and can't afford ANY chance that the switch will break something), so this may have been fixed. The problem I was having was with the Jandy pool control module. Fortunately for me, there was a new version out that fixed the exact problem I was having. I downloaded the new module, extracted it in a new folder and removed the old link from my modules section and added a new link pointing to the new file. I built the system with no probs and uploaded. Only problem was the issue was not resolved. I pulled my hair for a few and then decided to check the module version. It was reporting as v1.2 (the old version). Long story short, I called tech support and verified the procedure I used to replace the module. Then I searched my computer for ANY instance of the comm module and found a copy of the old module in a different directory. The directory I found it in does not contain the main program files, but it does contain one of the other modules in the workspace. I tried removing all links to the module in the workspace and everything still compiled fine. Only by renaming the old version, could I make the compiler complain. I haven't had a chance to narrow the problem down specifically, but that's the info I have now.

Just in case anyone else needs to upgrade a module :)

Jeff