Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

G3 Viewpoint Touch Overlays

Greetings,

Does anyone know how I can get a new touch overlay for a VPN-CP? I have one that got cracked. The LCD panel is fine. Last time I sent one of these in for repair it was well over $400.00 just to disassemble the unit, replace the overlay and put it back together.

Please help. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    The cheapest way is to order a new touch overlay from AMX and installs it by yourself as it's pretty easy to do ! Just take care that some VPT have some packaging different so you might need to use some piece of plastic to block touch overlay inside the panel.

Vinc
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    Last time I tried to order one I was told that they do not sell the overlay by itself, the Viewpoint has to be sent in. Maybe I didn't say pretty please!?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There are generally a few Viewpoints on EBay for pretty cheap. As long as the overlay is intact, it will serve your purpose.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    DHawthorne wrote:
    There are generally a few Viewpoints on EBay for pretty cheap. As long as the overlay is intact, it will serve your purpose.

Yep myself I have few of them unused in my office, if you are interested, just drop me a line by private message.

Vinc