Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Crosspoint 8/4

Hello
I have an unusal problem with some Extron Crosspoints. They lock up and stop all switching. After a manual reset they work for another few days/weeks. Has anyone seen or had any problems with these units?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Never with an Extron, but I had a similar problem with an RF Systems switch. We had subzoned some rooms with relays and volume controls, so there were mutiple rooms on one output of the switch. When an "all off" command was fired, activating all the speaker relays at one time, the inductive spike was enough to knock the switch's serial port off line. All I had to do to fix it was re-route the serial cable in the rack away from the relays. My guess is many of these manufacturers use the same serial chip, could be you have something like that going on.
  • Options
    We have had some Crosspoints do the same thing... We upgraded the firmware in them and that fixed the problem.. You might want to give Extron a call
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys. Like I said it is unusal because the ones I programmed have been working fine to date(now they will crash and burn in the next 45 sec's) but the others have been really acting up. All the Crosspoints were purchased at the same time. I am beginning to wonder if it maybe a glitch in the include file they are using. I wrote my from scratch but I believe theirs to have been factory supplied.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys, I called extron tech support and they are sending me the new firmware for my crosspoints and my 7SC's that I had another issue with a while back. The only thing is I wish it was a flashable Bios instead of the hard way. There was a problem with a few of the crosspoints according to tech support. :)
  • Options
    Unbelievable, I ordered the parts yesterday at noon and they are on my desk at 15:30 the next day. From Extron to Eastern Canada to boot, impressive service.