Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

wireless download to old-style viewpoint panels?

I was told this is possible but not "officially" supported by AMX. So I'm trying to upgrade a Netlinx system out there remotely and need to update the old-style Viewpoints. I've tranferred the program and a couple of IR files. I tried sending a "wake" to the touchpanel D:P:S in case that would make it appear in the online tree, but it doesn't. How is this supposed to be possible?

Thanks

OP

Comments

• Options
    Is it a 1-way or 2-way? If it is possible, I would only think a 2-way would do it.

KEvin D.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    The answer is simple: If it's one way ViewPoint, you can't wake it up from AXlink as it doesn't have communication back from AXR-RF to Panel. If it's a two way, you can do it if panel is not offline or dead of battery. If it's sleeping, it stops radio communication and so you won't be able to wake it up remotely. But if you can get someone on site to just touch it to wake it up, you'll be able to download new pages in it through AXLink and radio link.

Be aware that latest version of bidirectionnal ViewPoints allowed only download to panel and not upload from panel !!

Hope it helps ;)

Vinc