Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

AMX Gear

I?m looking for an AMX leather jacket. Does such an animal exist?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    That'd be very cool! I think an AMX keyboard & mouse would be pretty cool. Just think, a complete CUSTOM AMX keyboard, that has buttons on it that would do specific functions or shortcuts in Studio or TPD4. Talk about efficient programming eh!!?

Getting tired . . . crazy ideas . . . :)

Anyway - I'll second the request / need for an AMX leather.
  • Options
    Yes, Joe I know of one person who had an AMX leather jacket and it was a realllllllly nice jacket. It was the older AMX style when they used the gold lettering on the black leather. It would be nice if they would sell them on the gear store, I'd buy one.
  • Options
    I've got a black "varsity" jacket with the purple AMX logo on it and no - I'm not giving it up. :)
  • Options
    You BROWNER Chip.
  • Options
    I've been thinking, if AMX doesn't start selling them again, you could always have one custom made at local varsity jacket store, or even online. Then, you could even have your name on it too. Heck, have an AMX logo under your name, then on the back have the AMX ACE whatever your certified in. Or vice verse - logo on back, ACE under name.

Just a thought...
  • Options
    Ooooh... A leather bomber jacket with the ACE "wings" on the back - that would be frikkin' awesome. Tell me when/where to sign up.

- Chip
  • Options
    You BROWNER Chip.

Hey, now browning involved. Won it fair & square in a contest. (Of course, it was a contest for salespeople that none of my company's idiot sales people cared about, so I just collected their points)

And I've got mixed feelings about this - at the time the contest was running, it was going to have been a PANJA varsity jacket. They didn't actually have the jackets made until after the contest was over, thankfully - so by the time that happened they became AMX jackets. :)

- Chip
  • Options
    Chip Moody wrote:
    Tell me when/where to sign up.

Well, I found a couple of sites that'll do custom jackets. They do however need written consent from the copyrighted image owner, so we'd have to get consent from AMX.

I don't think there would actually be enough sales for AMX to order them in bulk, and would probably more cost effective to have us custom order them and give us written consent to use the AMX logo & ACE logo (the one(s) we're certified in) on a jacket. Then there could be some stipulation that we'd have to send in photos to AMX to show we're putting the correct ACE logo on our jacket, or whatever.

Just my opinion...
  • Options
    Leather jackets for ACE now that's cool. I like it :)
    AMX logo, cert ID, could be very cool, Suzanne could you forward this thread to your AMX gear people? I think there could be a demand here for some cool AMX jackets, I don't even mind paying for one :eek: (just I just say that I didn't even mind paying)

P.S. Chip, nice gift since you won it but I think your still a pretty good browner. ;)
  • Options
    AMX Gear

I gave our Gear Store manager a call, and he is on the lookout for some cool jackets to add to the offering. If you are interested in customizing any apparell items on the Gear Store, just contact john@knockoutspecialties.com and he'll give you a quote.
  • Options
    I'm with Thomas on this one. Perhaps we ACE certified should get a discount - LOL :D

Talk about an incentive eh?

I do think there should be two sets of jackets - one that's just an AMX varsity, where we can put our name on the chest, and there's a large AMX logo on the back. Then the other could be an ACE varsity, where our orders can only go through once it's confirmed we are ACE certified, and that jacket would have our name, above the ACE wings on the chest, with a nice large AMX logo on the back. And perhaps we could even accessorize with arm patches for the years we were certified. :D
    I gave our Gear Store manager a call, and he is on the lookout for some cool jackets to add to the offering.
    I'll be checking the Gear Store now everyday!! Thanks Suzanne, you're the best!!!!
  • Options
    JillJill Posts: 44
    A Chip included with every varsity jacket, interesting :):) Good promo idea for the women but the guys might want a chippet. ;)
  • Options
    Jill wrote:
    A Chip included with every varsity jacket, interesting :):) Good promo idea for the women but the guys might want a chippet. ;)

As long as I get to come with yours, Jill. :)

- Chip