Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

TP4 Transfer Question

What's this error mean?

Send Failed Item 0 of 0 [46 of 46 bytes] NetLinx-191.161.112.170:1319 10002:1:0 project.TP4 C:\Programming\AMX\ Error decompressing file: C:\DOCUME~1\mpullin\LOCALS~1\Temp\manifest.xma Monday, December 05, 2005 17:27:39

One of my touchpanels gives this error every time I try to send my tp4 to it. Before today it was working fine. Rebooting the system nor the panel solves the problem. Anyone seen this before? Why can't it decompress its manifest?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    When I had this issue several months ago, I called tech support and was told that the cf in the panel had to be replaced. Apparently manifest.xma is sort of contains some info about the file structure and information on what pages are there. It seems that if it gets corrupt or out of sync with what's really on the panel, it gives the 'cannot decompress' error. As stated by tech support, the only fix (or the only one they'll tell you about) is to have them ship you a non-corrupted CF card in return for the bad one. I will say, however, that using a different OS, I have had success repairing the manifest.xma or replacing it with a known good. Didn't really need to as my replacement arrived the next morning, I just don't like being told that something is unfixable. BTW, the corrupt manifest problem happened to me when I was uploading to the panel over VPN and my cable modem dropped out in the middle of the transfer.
  • Options
    Before TPD4 can download a panelfile, it needs to know what's in the panel. This is found in the manifest file. If this manifest is corrupted in any way, the donwload will fail.

In the newer firmware (can't remind the exact version), on the "protected setup" page there is a button "Remove User Pages". Pushing this button will erase all the pages you have created. After the following reboot, try to download again. In most cases the download will work now, because the manifest is created new and should be ok then.
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Thanks, Removing User Pages did the trick.
  • Options
    Hi all
    I would consider Marc's suggestion a really good tip and trick. Good thing to know and try before shipping the panel back to Dallas.