Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Modero RMF Command

What's the exact syntax for this command? I know it has to do with dynamic images. Is it something like this:
SEND_COMMAND TouchPanels[zone], "'^RMF-Small Playing Cover,',AMX_MAX_IP,'/art/',PATH"
Mine's not working (after executing the image contains nothing), so I want to make sure I have the syntax right, to begin with.

Comments

• Options
    Out of Software History

Example:
    SEND_COMMAND Panel,"'^RMF-Sports_Image%Lab_Test/
    Images%Ftest.jpg'"

Changes the resource 'Sports_Image' file name to 'test.jpg' and the path to 'Lab_Test/Images'.
  • Options
    I used code along these lines in a screensaver program to point a G4 dynamic image "slot" to a new file and refresh the image:
    SEND_COMMAND TP,"'^RMF-i1%H192.168.1.21'"  // set host address for resource 'i1'
    SEND_COMMAND TP,"'^RMF-i1%Apictures'"      // set directory for resource
    SEND_COMMAND TP,"'^RMF-i1%Fnewpic.jpg'"    // set file name for resource
    SEND_COMMAND TP,"'^RFR-i1'"                // force refresh of resource

In this case, a graphic resource called i1 was already in the TPD4 file.

Looks like you can bunch up the embedded codes into a single send command if you want. I did it like this for readability.

- Chip
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Thanks. After studying the MAX UI file, I was able to get the command to work by using this:

SEND_COMMAND TouchPanels[zone], "'^RMF-Small Playing Cover,%P0%H',AMX_MAX_IP,'%A/art/%F',PARAM,'_s.jpg'"

Of course, I didn't really understand what was going on. But now I do!

%H - sets host
    %A - sets directory
    %F - sets filename

%P - sets protocol? (guess)
  • Options
    mpullin wrote:
    %P - sets protocol? (guess)
    Yup. P0 is HTTP.

There's a whole chart in Software History that lists the embedded codes and what each one does.

Stop reverse-engineering code - Software History is your friend! :)

- Chip
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Yeah, sorry, I never scrolled that far down the software history before, didn't realize that there's a bunch of cool stuff down there. For instance, I found that the command 'SLEEP' puts a Modero Panel into standby; I always wondered how to do that.