Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

ClearOhe Converge Pro 880TA question

Guh - I think I"m losing my marbles.

I've got a config file for a ClarOne Converge Pro 880TA that my ClearOne Software doesn't seem to understand. What software from ClearOne do I need to see this file? I think I'm losing my mind. (Or I have a corrupt file) Both possibilities are very real.

(Edited to add - it's a .cpd file)

Comments

• chillchill Posts: 186
    The software is called Converge Console. It requires Flash - bleagh.
  • You need latest version on Converge Console. Also (very important) in Converge Manager to select software version 4.4.x. CPD files cannot be opened if console set to version 3 (or 2).
  • DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    4.5.8. - but don't hold your breath.... For such a nice product the actual app is sadly a long way behind still - particularly around connectivity.

Be careful with firmware revs. The fw of the TA must match that declared for the console upon launch... Hopefully this is all that's slowing you down...

Console changes files to .cpd now even if you launch a .cnv...
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Thanks everyone! I'll give all this a try. It's not a complex system. Hopefully, I won't even need it.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Wow... agreed. Nice product. not so good on the interface. I tried for way too long to get the JAVA stuff right. Note to all the manufacturers out there: if you plan on using JAVA on your hardware - PLEASE make sure you have a methodology to keep your stuff up-to-date. If you plan on partying with Oracle you'd best be ready to change your dancing shoes many times throughout the night.