Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Complete source listing

Back a few years ago I was poking around in various directories looking for files to delete and discovered a file that had the name of one of my .AXS files but had a strange extension. I opened it and it appeared to be a temporary file built by the compiler that had the standard source code along with any include files merged into the code. At the time I thought that this would be a great file to have when trying to track down problems, since everything was in one place. I never saw this kind of file again and forgot about it until the other day when I was trying to debug someone else's code that had at least 15 include files. Has anyone else ever seen this or was I just tripping-out somehow? Anyway, it would be nice to have something like this available on a regular basis. Maybe it is available and I just don't have some box checked....

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    are you talking about the Netlinx.asi file?
  • This was a file buried somewhere in the windows user area. I saw it once and then never again. This was basically a program listing that appeared to contain all of the source code the axs merged with the various axi files. I got the impression that this was a temporary file that the compiler used to build the system with that for some reason had not been deleted when the compile was finished.