Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMX and MS Surface Hub integration

Hello,

I've readed that the Microsoft Surface Hub will have some kind of ability to consume AMX technology. At the main page of MS Surface Hub there is this sentence from AMX:

"Surface Hub?s ability to consume high quality digital content from AMX solutions while integrating seamlessly with our automation systems significantly enhances the collaborative meeting experience."

I'd like to know what does it exactly means. Does it means that the Surface Hub will have the ability of executing TP4 designs? Or some kind of special API to control the Surface Hub from AMX? Or is it just a TPControl software for Windows10 devices?

If anyone has more info, please share it.
Thanks!

Comments

• Up, does anyone know more about this?
  • Personal opinion here, but I think that is marketing speak for the HDMI input on the surface will play output from an AMX digital video switcher... Here is a quick video on Surface Hub Integration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVpiN2uBir8

Update: product management indicated the device module has not been finalized for release. no ETA.
  • Im working on integrating one of these (along with a Cisco SX80) right now. I've got the API from Microsoft, it's pretty simple (API is a .docx, can't upload it to this post, may need to DM me if you need the API). Specs indicate 1 HDMI input, 1 DisplayPort, 1 VGA, 1 Wireless input. No apparent output from integrated SmartTV.

Of course, the kicker is, that we've pretty much got the rest of the system finished, and we're waiting on delivery of the surface. We might be waiting for a while.