Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Is IR EDIT supported by Windows 10 ?

Is IR EDIT supported by Windows 10 ?Is IR EDIT supported by Windows 10 ?

Comments

• Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    I've had issues with IRedit even on Windows 7. It turns out that IRedit requires a specific (now obsolete) version of .NET. If you have a newer .NET - which you do if you're running Windows 10 - then IRedit won't run.
  • Options
    zhujy09zhujy09 Posts: 16
    Why not update IREDIT ? It's 2015. It's been 12 years later since it was released !
    Follow the order to install it on Windows 7 :IREditSystemFiles.exe >IREditSetup.exe>AMXIR.exe
  • Options
    pdabrowskipdabrowski Posts: 184
    This is where you need to keep a virtual machine running XP for these type of issues, Virtual Box is my preferred one.
  • Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    zhujy09 wrote: »
    Why not update IREDIT ? It's 2015. It's been 12 years later since it was released !
    Follow the order to install it on Windows 7 :IREditSystemFiles.exe >IREditSetup.exe>AMXIR.exe

AMX hasn't updated IRedit since 2006. I was suggesting that maybe you should check your .NET version, and install an old one if need be.
  • Options
    zhujy09zhujy09 Posts: 16
    Run as Windows compatibility mode .
  • Options
    nicolaunicolau Posts: 40
    I could install IREdit on Windows 7 and 8.1. I had to download the individual installation file (not thru webupdate) and run the install file in "Compatibility Mode" with Windows XP and I had success. But I have a VirtualBox running for other old stuff...
  • Options
    bwestlakebwestlake Posts: 82
    IREdit is working for me in Windows 10. I wonder why AMX hasn't updated this vital program? I would love to see the day when IR is dead but I think we are still many years from that day.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    zhujy09 wrote: »
    You are right ! AMX should definitively update that crap software but no news since ten years :(
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    The "Official" word from the engineers at the AMX Developers Conference last week was: Not yet. There were some in the room who had said it did work with the same little bugs on startup that Win7/8 had. (.Net errors)
  • Options
    CameronCameron Posts: 56
    Hi Guys,

I was looking, found this thread and will share this as my solution that worked for me - http://workblog.pilin.name/2013/11/how-to-install-net-framework-11-on.html

Thanks,

Cameron