Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Duet Module - RPM Rant

[rant]
Okay, I get that AMX is making duet modules for use with RPM. I also get that you are not really making duet modules for us programmers any more. I get that too... but PLEASE differentiate a module in the search. If you know I'm going to the Search Third Party Devices on the AMX website to hunt for a module, I don't give a crap about RPM-only modules. I don't want to see them, they are just white noise. Don't make us get all the way to the downloads page only to find out that you don't have a mere programmer version of the module. The version number is the only indication. If you don't support the device, then please don't bother putting it in the Search Third Party Devices section. ARRRGGG!
[/rant]

Comments

• Options
    feddxfeddx Posts: 175
    ericmedley wrote: »
    [rant]
    Okay, I get that AMX is making duet modules for use with RPM. I also get that you are not really making duet modules for us programmers any more. I get that too... but PLEASE differentiate a module in the search. If you know I'm going to the Search Third Party Devices on the AMX website to hunt for a module, I don't give a crap about RPM-only modules. I don't want to see them, they are just white noise. Don't make us get all the way to the downloads page only to find out that you don't have a mere programmer version of the module. The version number is the only indication. If you don't support the device, then please don't bother putting it in the Search Third Party Devices section. ARRRGGG!
    [/rant]

E,

I'm not sure which I'd rather see less. An RPM system with an MCP-108, or one of my children's head set on fire.

Really. How can they call the "master" on a Massio Keypad a "NetLinx Master" when you cannot run NetLinx code on it. It is a fun time explaining this to a client.
  • Options
    The new firmware (released on the 18th of December) for the MCPs allows you to upload Netlinx code. I've got it running on a few MCP-106s here in our office, loading both Netlinx and Duet code.
  • Options
    I can confirm the Massio keypads are now custom programmable via NetLinx Studio with the latest firmware update. No persistent memory tho (which I tend to rely on a lot in my code base).