Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Which is the best wall dock for ios/android panels

Need to specify a wall charging unit for ipad and ipad mini. I have seen launchport and iRoom being used. There is a video by AMX Talk which uses iRoom for an AMX installation in Australia. Any other manufacturers that is worth getting .

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I'm partial to the Launchport for iPads. It doesn't bulk the device up much, and you can very easly rotate it when on the wall, or pop it off to hold in your lap, whatever.
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    +1 on the launchports
  • Options
    Was checking out the price for iRoom and it comes to more than a charge of an iPad. It does have extra features like intelligent charging so it doesnt keep on charging, IO channels and option to lock the unit.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I was thinking of showing a link of the LaunchPort w/ Lutron buttons to a potential customer and again AMX's lack of resi support slaps me in the face once again. Apparently AMX is no longer a relevant 3rd party integration system, maybe some bridges burnt with their past partnership with Lutron. Once upon a time when looking at various device's 3rd party support lists AMX was often listed 1st, now they're often not listed at all. Yet another ball dropped by AMX, you gotta be in it to win it! I've been telling this particular potential client that AMX is the best system out there and according to this pic I'd have a hard getting them to believe we're even better than RTI or URC,or worse Pro control. A picture tells a thousand words!