Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

TPD4 feature wishlist

2»

Comments

• Options
    TP4 Improvements

Every time I open TP4 the toolbars go back to their default positions, not where I left them. Same thing happens if the master goes off line. Very annoying, as they make the layout window smaller. Is there any way of locking the tool bars where I want them?
  • Options
    Reese JacobsReese Jacobs Posts: 347
    TPD4 feature wishlist

I don't have the problem with tool bars relocating automatically when I open TPD4 - they revert to the same locations they were positioned as of the last file save I performed in TPD4. I don't recall there being any settings or preferences to specify this behavior.

As for the problem of toolbars being relocated for you automatically when you are connected to the Master and the Master goes offline (reboot for example), this has been a problem since early versions of TPD4 and remains a problem in the latest version. I agree - very annoying to say the least. We have gotten in the habit of announcing before Master reboots so anyone in TPD4 can make sure they have disconnected so they can prevent the TPD4 toolbars from being relocated for them.

Reese
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Toolbar positioning is part of Windows Common Control OCX, and problems with them are not limited to AMX design software. Try minimizing any part of the Office suite and running a setup program - you will see the same thing. I see it with the AMX programs every day - I use a laptop exclusively, and have a docking statiuon and dual monitor setup when in the office. Whenever I switch from docked to undocked, or vica versa, my toolbars get jumbled.

I believe AMX has always taken the position that this is a Windows problem, not with their applications. Although this is essentially true, I don't think it makes it impossible for them to correct. They would have to override the Toolbar object defined by the OCX. My guess is that some decision maker in software design decided that the amount of time needed to create such an override, or adapt the software to a different library, would not be cost-effective. I can't really fault that position, it's a nuisance issue, it doesn't break the software, and the bottom line is still that it's not an AMX bug.
  • Options
    ipssheldonipssheldon Posts: 106
    Rob,

Let me elaborate on the bitmaps copy issue that you should be able to duplicate or investigate. I just completed a project using Panel Builder to create the same TP file in two different types of panels (CV7 and 8400). At various times, I copied buttons and pages back and forth once I got into TPDesign4. At first, I didn't pay much attention to what was going on, but when I had to reload a panel from scratch, I found that I had multiple copies of the same buttons, sometimes as many as 15 times. This made for a very large download. Because all of the buttons were generated by Panel Builder, I don't know which buttons use which backgrounds and would have to manually edit each button and each state to cleanout all of the extra copies. Of course, I could also create one clean button and copy that over and over again, but that should not be necessary if I am using AMX's tools to auto-create the panel design. This specific design was based on AMX's Aqua Lens template.

If you send me your e-mail address (via a private message), I can send you my TPD4 file if you want to investigate this further.

Thanks.
    Sheldon Samuels
    IPS Resources LLC
    ACE
  • Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    TPD4/G4 Panel feature

A feature that I believe would be very useful is to be able to set some type of delay or dwell times between the page flip entries.

There are instances where I dont need to have everything code driven, and with the internal abilities of the new panels and software, this would allow a simpler method to perform timed panel actions based on the panel programming alone.

Also, it seems that some page flips and popup transitions appear smoother when driven from the panel program.

Thanks.

VLCNCRZR