Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

DX-TX-DWP on DVX2155 will not recognize HDMI

Client called (preparing for a big meeting on Monday and the DX-TX-DWP that is connected to a DVX2155HD refuses to recognize HDMI from the podium computer. It used to!

I came down to the site tonight. VGA plugged into the input plate is recognized but HDMI is not. It seems to be stuck in VGA mode. I have confirmed there is HDMI coming out of the cable that is connected to the wallplate. It is supposed to be in "auto select" for video format.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Cycle power?
  • PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121

Good idea. Probably the one thing I didn't do! I tried everything else and frustration late on a Saturday night possibly blocked the potential obvious answer. Rebooted the input panel, reloaded the software & rebooted. I'm going back to the site today to try again. Since VGA worked from my laptop and the podium computer is only HDMI, I may take along an HDMI to VGA switcher to at least get them going for tomorrow's meeting with their president. Sometimes giving a damn about clients makes life challenging!

If anyone else has any other idea, I'd be happy to hear/try them!
  • PyroGuyPyroGuy Posts: 121
    Good day Vining! Thanks for the smack across the back of the head. Everything is working. Feeling rather stupid about it. Stress and frustration can do strange things to one's mind!
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    PyroGuy wrote: »
    Good day Vining! Thanks for the smack across the back of the head. Everything is working. Feeling rather stupid about it. Stress and frustration can do strange things to one's mind!
    I don't know if the DVX allows you to control power to the wall plate but if it doesn't you could use a mid span POE injector on a contollable power source so you can leave these wall plates off when the room is not in use, power them up when they are since this will likely happen again. Some devices just don't like to be on 24/7 with out an occasional hard reboot, plus they should last significantly longer if they're off 3/4s of each day.